How to get tested for Covid-19 in Midt-Telemark kommune
To get tested you must make an appointment in advance. There are no drop-in appointments and no acceptations to this rule.
The test is conducted free of charge
How do I make an appointment?
- Book an appointment by calling 35 05 93 59 (open Monday - Friday from 09 - 1030 am and 13 - 15 pm)
- Send a text message to 90830217. They only need your name and date of birth. Please do not send any kind of sensitive information
- You will receive a specific time for you test
Where is the test station?
- The test station is located in Stasjonsvegen 4 next to Bø Frivilligsentral.
Who should be tested?
- You should be tested if you suspect you have been infected with COVID-19 and are experiencing symptoms
- You should be tested if you have traveled in an area with high concentration of COVID-19 or if you have been in close proximity to a person that is confirmed infectet with COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
Please read the up to date testing qualifications here
How is testing conducted?
- The test station is set up like a drive-through. You can drive there, line-up whilst sitting in you car og get the test done while still in your car.
- You can also walk there
- A test personal will take a throat and nose swab with the sam Q-tip. You will not be examined by a doctor
- Please be aware that you might have to wait in line for some time before you get tested. Normally 20-30 minutes.
What do I do after the test?
- and until you have received your test answer. This will take anywhere between 24-48hrs.
How do I get the test answer?
- You have to check for your test results yourself.
- You will be able to check the test answer at helsenorge.no (se blue button bellow) within three days.
- If you test is positive for COVID-19, you will receive a call from the country contagious disease team for further instructions